St Neots Town Council have two vacancies for Councillors in the wards of Priory Park South and St Neots East. The Town Council is able to consider any person to fill each vacancy provided that:
- He/she is over 18 years of age
- Is a UK, EU or Commonwealth citizen
- Is registered to vote in St Neots or has lived or worked in St Neots (or within three miles of its boundary) for one year
A person is disqualified from being a Town Councillor if within five years before his/her election or since election:
- He/she has served a prison sentence (including suspended sentences) of three months or more within the last five years
- Has been adjudged a bankrupt
- Is an employee of the Town Council
- Is disqualified under legislation
Applicants for co-option should submit information about themselves by way of completing a short personal statement of no more than 300 words to the Town Clerk, Mr E Reilly. Applicants should have good computer skills and be willing to undertake training.
Copies of the personal statements will be circulated to all Members for consideration at a meeting of the Town Council. At the meeting of the Town Council consideration of applications will be dealt with in public session.
Closing Date for Applications – Thursday, 18th July 2019
Tel: 01480 388911