Entries now open for the 2018 Charity Dragon Boat Race, Saturday 4 August.
Venue: River Great Ouse alongside Regatta Meadow, St Neots.
Dragon Boat racing is an ancient Chinese tradition and the fastest growing water activity in Britain today. Up to 10 people paddle each 30′ boat with a drummer at the front beating in time and a helm at the tail steering a straight course. No previous experience is required, just plenty of team spirit.
- No experience necessary, all ages (16 plus) and fitness levels welcome
- St Neots provides the premier race venue in the region
- This is the only charity dragon boat event offering free training sessions for all entered crews
- Crew entry fees are lower than all other regional races including Cambridge, Milton Keynes and Peterborough
- A fun day out is guaranteed for competitors and spectators alike with plenty of bankside entertainment on offer including live race commentary, food stalls, licensed bar, children’s activities and more.